9.27.2008

Tina's Mom update: day 20

If I could choose a song to sing right now, it would be "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" or "Walking on Sunshine" or some other especially chipper piece. I have two pieces of good news:

1. Today was a major breakthrough for my mother. She said, "I'm sick of this!" meaning that she finally admits to wanting to get better. She wants to change. As many of you may know, this is a HUGE step to becoming well again. Not that it's gonna be a cake walk from here on out, but I think it will be better. Plus, the pain from her fall last week has subsided substantially, so much so that she wants to try to go to church tomorrow!

2. I have an interview at the Macaroni Grill, a restaurant about 1/4 mile from my parents' condo. It's on Monday at 3pm - woo hoo! There's a lot of applicants, but I can outshine them all. Heehee. Actually, this means that I passes this kinda dumb customer service test that you now have to take. I've taken it three times already. At first, I was doubtful that I did not pass the test (these are statements like"I am polite even when I don't want to be" or "I like large groups of people" with which you have to agree or disagree) but this interview proves that I did. Yes!

So, then what does this mean? So, I kinda have it in my head (and heart) to work at a major apparel retailer, but you have to take this test. I was doubtful that I passed it there, but I passed it at the restaurant, so I must have passed the exact same test at the clothing store. We'll see what happens.

Much love to you all! My parents say hi. Oh, and if you ever, you know, want to drop me a line or anything, you can write to me at:
13341 Verona
Tustina, CA 92782

Bisous!

No comments: