9.11.2008

Tina's Mom update: day four

Hi everyone.

Today is day four. I arrived on Monday evening after a brief stop at the Camarillo outlets. Two dresses and some undergarments later, I whizzed through LA to make it to Orange County in record time. Wheeeeeee!

Anyway, my transition's been a little tougher than anticipated. There's been some insensitivity on the part of everyone in this house. I think its difficult because I reduce the amount of space that my parents are used to - like both use my bathroom to shower - and that I am not used to having my parents in my space. But, as long as there are rules for my folks and sensitivity to their needs on my part, it will work out fine. The good news in all of this is that I get my own closet - with shelves for my shoes. Woo, woo!

Mom is OK. Since I have been here, there has been one good day, one so-so day, and one bad day. There was talk of postponement for her back surgery, but since the next date is a month away, she will probably go through with it next Tuesday, September 16th. Pray that this will alleviate her back pain so that she can focus on getting well and strong in other areas, too.

On the social front, many of my friends here have been super receptive to my arrival. Someone even called me two nites ago! We chatted and caught up. And, one of my favorite musicians is in town next week, so I'll be seeing that show, too.

There is some sad news, though: a friend from high school has an aggressive form of cancer. He's 26. I actually feel a little privileged, though. Maybe this is good timing. It's not that we were ever that close, but I am happy for the opportunity to hang out with someone who might need a little bit more help than he's used to. Maybe we'll even get to be very good friends. But, I'm jumping the gun here. We'll just wait and see.

I wish you all the best. Please keep me updated with you, too!

Love,
Tina

No comments: