10.02.2008

Tina's Mom update: day 23

Don't hate me if I incorrectly state the day of my time in Orange County - I'm having trouble doing simple math.

I have to admit, today was a terrible day. Without going into too much detail, my mother has been diagnosed with a treatable mental disorder, and she has probably had it for the past two decades, or more. Let's just say that today was probably a peak of emotion - for me too. We see the psychiatrist again tomorrow - pray that it goes well.

Oh, and this psychiatrist - connections all over the place! He studied philosophy is college. I studied philosophy in college. He has three boys. My friend Colleen has three boys - oh how I miss babysitting! - and both are the same age range. He grew up in Bellingham, WA. I've attended a conference in Bellingham, WA, and have been all over the state. He seeks the connection between God and the physical world in psychiatry. I have long believed that the Spiritual and physical worlds cannot be seperate.

It was a little strange meeting this guy, to say the least. Who knows - perhaps we have a mutual friend in common.

Not much in other news: I had my interview at Macaroni Grill and it seemed to go well. I hope to hear from them tomorrow.

Much love,
Tina-bo-bina

No comments: