9.07.2008

Smitten: thank you for the days!

Thank you for the days,
Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me.
I'm thinking of the days,
I won't forget a single day, believe me.

I bless the light,
I bless the light that lights on you believe me.
And though you're gone,
You're with me every single day, believe me.

Days I'll remember all my life,
Days when you can't see wrong from right.
You took my life,
But then I knew that very soon you'd leave me,
But it's all right,
Now I'm not frightened of this world, believe me.

Dear Coffee Boi,

I have to thank you (and to be cliche, my Father in heaven). I was listening to The Kinks last week and this song came up. I changed the song because it depressed me - I could not bear to face that I would not be able to have something that I wanted. But, I know deep in my heart that now is not the time for either of us. There have been signs to confirm this, too - being too busy with work and school and family. Really, having to deal with our own lives.

And whether or not there will be a time in our respective futures when we will explore some sort of romantic possibility is irrelevant to what I want to say. I want to say thank you. You helped me to open up my heart to the possibility of falling in love again. Imagine, I have spent 20 some odd years on this planet and not really fallen in love, at least in the romantic sense. That's not to say that I fell in love with you, but I have been close once before this. That experience was much too intense and closed me off to others that have fallen into my path.
But you, my dear, have helped remedy this. Your flirtation, your quirkiness, your openness, and your sweetness melted the icy layer around my heart and broke the barrier down in my mind. All I had to do was put myself in your path. Like the Kinks sang, I'm not frightened of this world, believe me.
OK, don't go getting a big head about this. I just wanted to let you know the value that our short friendship had in my life. Best wishes to you, dear sir! May God continue to bless your journey (even though you don't really believe in Him) and bring people in your path. Maybe I'll get to be one of those people again.
Much love,
Tina

No comments: