9.18.2008

Tina's Mom update: day 10

Note: I know that today is actually day 11, but I wrote this last night and could not publish it until today. Enjoy!

I was woken up by a fireman this morning. Yes, a very attractive, young, strong and probably virile male in bright yellow pants walked into my room to rouse me from my morning siesta. Is this a dream? My knight in bright shiny pants and matching suspenders? No, I knew there was a problem.

I rush downstairs to the sound of my mother’s voice yelling my name. I am greeted by approximately six more young, attractive males in the same attire gathered at the base of the stairs. I thank my Father in heaven that I wore something semi-cute but modest to bed, seeing as I had seven pairs of male eyes in my direction. I wouldn’t want them to get the wrong idea…

Actually about 15 minutes earlier, unbeknownst to me in my slumbering state, my mother had called the paramedics. Yesterday, she had outpatient back surgery and they put her under general anesthetic. One of the effects of anesthetic is nausea and vomiting, something for which my mother has little tolerance. Couple that with her anxiety and you get one long sleepless night for all three of us: my mom, dad and me. I relieved my father between the hours of 7am and 9am, and I was relieved from 10am on. Mom wasn’t sleeping, but the nausea meds kicked in and she was resting enough not to need so much attention.

During my nap, I guess her anxiety and nausea worsened because she called 911. My father was doing the best to comfort her so he sent one of the rookie firefighters to wake me. I think that’s the best thing about this situation, it like a dream come true! My knight in shiny pants has arrived! Actually, there were seven of them – yum! Although, these knights were for my mother and not for me.

In all seriousness, my readers, these last two days have been difficult. A super anxious mother, a back surgery, a sleepless and stressful night, a trip to the emergency room, a father who almost went to the emergency room himself, and worries about my lack of employment.

But, God is good. Both of my parents are working on a good night’s sleep, my mother’s nausea has weakened, as has her anxiety, the back surgery seems successful, and I get to write this in the comfort and privacy of my own room. Plus, the Macaroni Grill around the corner needs servers. If not there, the Norstrom’s down the freeway is hiring, too. Maybe I’ll try my hand at shoes or menswear.

Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

mskayzum said...

shiny pants sound almost as good as POOFY PANTS!!!
miss you! (praying tons and tons)

Unknown said...

tina! love you and will call you. Shiny pants is awesome! lol