10.26.2008

Tina's Mom update: day 48

My sewing machine died last week. This event saddened me beyond what I could imagine. It was like moving from sunny southern California to rainy Seattle with no warning. We took it in to be looked at and the lady said that I've gotten my money's worth from the machine. Folks, I have done no more than 15 or 20 projects with it. If the machine cost $110, that's over $5 per project. Cheap sewing machines are not worth the price - at least the way I use a sewing machine.

But you know, God still opens windows. This tragic event will be leading to a much better machine that will not require me pulling out every other seam sewn. And a button holer and 9 extra feet. Basically, something better that can be used a long time. Hopefully it will give me the confidence to begin to make wearable garments. Gotta love Mom and Pa.

On that note, Mom is improving dramatically. Yesterday, she gave up the walker for most of the day. She now knows that she does not need to depend on it all the time. Today, she lasted for an hour in church. We can leave her alone for 5 minutes or so. And, she is looking forward to driving again. Mom has not driven in over 2 years. There's a hope for you.

It's amazing to watch this miracle happen. It's not only the miracle that her body is healing, for we all know that our bodies are designed to do so. The emotional trauma that the Holy Spirit is healing is so much more amazing.

Last week, in church - yes, I did visit home for two days - pastor asked those of us who need to be set free from what holds us back to come up and receive prayer. I went up for my mother. They asked for grace and strength for me, but they asked that my mother's chains of pessimism and lack of self-confidence be cast off. Never has prayer ever been so immediately effective in my mother's life. Well, except for the prayers that have made her right before God.

The Holy Spirit heard and moved. Pastor, thanks for listening to the move of the Holy Spirit. I might make it home sooner than I thought.

So pray that physical therapy will make her stronger. That God will show her the confidence that she has already received, the confidence that she is a new creation in Christ and that he is continuing to make her whole again.

Thanks folks. I love you all. I apologize if I missed some of you on my visit from last week. It was short and surprising for some. I will be back again soon. Bisous!

No comments: