10.02.2008

One more thing

Yes, I did not want to publish this with the below post. At this point, I want to keep my musings and my events seperate.

The other thing is that I really need to find a group of believers to hang out with. I have my friends that I've reconnected with from high school and I love them dearly, but none of them know Jesus - yet. I want to be with people who want to discover Jesus as I do.

There's a group at my parents' church that is forming for 20s/30s age range. I am slightly disenchanted with this church - they are fairly literal and rigid in Biblical interpretation, the demographic is mostly white middle class, and they won't put a woman on the platform to lead anything except women's or music ministries. But, I know that they love Jesus, too, and do not seek to hurt anyone. Yet all of these issues are important to me because all of these aspects have been areas of personal hurt and/or growth. (And one more thing - I asked them to call me, not email, and they still emailed me anyway.)

My question is, do I go to this study and allow their flavor to mix with mine to create something unique, or do I just go find somewhere that I am comfortable? Obviously, I have a heavy burden that I am bearing with Jesus, but would this be more weight?

In any case, I think I'll go - just once - to see how it is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey you!

Just checking in:) Sending love!

Blessings,
Shanna