10.08.2008

Tina's Mom update: Month one

I came to OC exactly one month ago. Here is the run-down:

1. Mom had back surgery one week after my arrival. The surgery was ultimately a good thing, although the recovery was a little rough. This included another fall with a hip contusion. And my knight in shiny pants arrived.

2. Overall, my mother is doing better. All types pain, from surgery, from the hip contusion, from tension in her neck and upper back is doing much better. She's also on a new course of meds which has given her a new outlook on life to say the least. She still has her "crutches" and cannot be alone for long, but is improving overall. Hallelujah.

3. Still no job. :( But, I do have two big leads, one at Nordstroms and one at Macaroni Grill. I think at this point, this is a good thing. My father is working under a tax deadline, so I get to help both him and my mother at home. I do have enough cash to make it through the month, but next month may be a different story.

4. I have reconnected with some good high school friends. We have Friday nites at Alcatraz. There is a guy who will have potentially life changing surgery on Thursday. Not that I want to be around when bad things happen - that's weird - but it is nice that my friend will have another person looking out for him, praying and hanging out.

5. Still have more friends to reconnect with. Can't wait to see some of you!

6. Orange county has some of the best thrift stores around. Now, if Mom didn't mind the sound of my sewing machine, I could make the 80s look cool and updated.

Much love and thanks for reading! Muah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you and it is great to hear such positive news. ICS misses you. - GFB