1.10.2009

Hello, home

OK, so it's been a little while. Well, a loooong while. But, it's been good. I've been distracted by my sewing machine and my family. Then I was distracted by being at home for the first time in months. But, now, I am no longer distracted. Well, maybe a little, but not much.

I could reflect on the benefits of being with my family, I could reflect on how horrible it was. I could reflect on the fact that it's a new year and therefore a new slate to begin things again. But, I think that I won't.

I've missed Isla Vista and the life that I have had. All I want to say is that I love you, and although my time here is limited, it has turned into something great. How many people can say that they live within blocks of one of the most beautiful beaches in SoCal? Or that they meet some of the most amazing people ever? I just had coffee with this very sweet girl that I met last summer. She is one of the most amazing people ever.

Maybe there are amazing people everywhere, but I like the people here. Some are different and some are not. But they are all amazing in the way that I like, that I'm used to.

Here's to you Isla Vista, not to the place, but to the people who make up the place. You are amazing.

No comments: